Image Map

Monday, June 2, 2014

OUT WITH THE NEW

Typically this blog has had a single purpose: document the cute, gross and weird things my kids do. I try and  keep it lighthearted and fun, and I don't want to bog you down with information about me. I just flash you cute pics of my kids and keep you at arms length. Were not best friends, I dont want to make any assumptions... I made that mistake in elementary school once and then that girl stole my jacket. And it wasn't any ol' jacket it was reversal. So really, she stole two of my jackets.

But today I am going to confide in you. Brad and I are budgeting. I'm talking about serious Dave Ramsey live like no one else so later you can live like no one else budgeting. It's intense but we are committed.

Committed enough to trade in my precious iphone for a new phone... and I use the term new very very loosely. It's rickety and akward and it has had a few previous owners, including myself a few years ago.

I know I just lost all street cred.

But Dave is gonna be so proud of me... he's gonna wanna be my best friend and borrow my winter wear and I know he will return it because that's what real BFFs do. So who cares if my phones a little outdated, doesn't receive texts sometimes and I hate it so much that I left it on the hood of my car and drove a few miles because subconsciously I want it die.

It's all for you Dave... you and the millions of dollars I'm gonna have soon enough.

I'm really glad you and I had this talk. Not Dave and I, you and I. I'm talking to you, person on the other side of the computer screen. I feel closer to you already.

But not as close as Dave and I are gonna be. We may end up buying matching best friend bracelets... on sale of course.




No comments: