Image Map

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Frenzy

I have found that during the last six months of my life I try at all cost to avoid driving anywhere. I grocery shop once a week (if I can get my act together I will attempt every two weeks), all my "into town" errands are saved for a single day and I never ever joy ride. If this sounds like yet another rant about gas prices you are gladly mistaken. Instead it is a rant about my baby screaming from the backseat.
Since he was a wee little lad of a few days old he has hated car rides. At first we assumed it was the cuddly bear neck strap cushions that were all up in his business, after the removal of those we then assumed it was just the car seat that he hated. But soon enough we discovered that the crying was not happening in Daddy's truck nor anyone else's ride so we were left to assume maybe it was the car. After further inspection we decided maybe a fresh limo tint to the windows could ease some discomfort. Wrong again. So my last option was to walk up to a car salesman, hand him my child, and have him test drive a few rides and see exactly which one Khagey didnt scream in.... but I am not into letting strangers hold my baby so that option is out. We were just plain forced to suck it up and deal with the crying... until now.
Six months from the start of this nonsense, hours upon hours spent driving around in the very car that he cannot stand and lots of tears shed we found the solution to our problem...
A Fine Frenzy is this boy's chosen drug. Quiets him right down and Mommy no longer has to fear the unavoidable car rides. Who would have thought he loved red heads?

No comments: