Image Map

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

he's here

(... and has been for some time.)

Last time I sat here to blog I had something hindering my ability to sit comfortably. But today I sit without impediment because that nuisance, our baby, has been born. I no longer get attacked from the inside the moment I stray from an upright ninety degree posture. Instead, said baby, rattles me from deep beautiful sleep multiple times a night, it demands all throughout the day to be fed exactly when it desires and with no concern for what I am doing at that exact moment, and insists that I keep it safe and comfortable all the moments in between. That baby... we call him Rohn Thomas, but he answers to nothing... comes with quite a bit of baggage. But boy is he perfect.

Cue birth announcement twenty nine days late...

Think of it as a test drive. We wanted to be sure we were jivin' before committing ourselves as his guardians for the next 18 years. It was stop and go for a while all thanks to the meconium and Rohn's insistence on showing it to us 6 times a day. But now that that phase has passed we are simply smitten with him.

Welcome to the family sweet boy, we love you without condition now that our sole condition has been met.
 
 

1 comment:

Lorna Whitehead said...

We LOVE him so much. Thanks for yet another absolutely perfect grandchild.