Image Map

Monday, April 22, 2013

Just a Little Accident

Last night Khage wanders into our room at 2 a.m., stark naked and holding a fresh pair of undies. If your the parent of a toddler you know these signs don't add up to anything good.

First he made his way to Brad's side of the bed, so naturally I pretended to be asleep with the hope that Brad was gonna hop out of bed and handle it. But what I temporarily forgot was that Brad is Night of the Living Dead between the wee hours of 12 a.m to 4 a.m. If your not a barking dog or burglarizing our home then he probably won't hear you, sorry Khage.*

So I heave ho this pregnant bod out of bed to assess the situation. He either peed himself while he slept or was unsuccessfully filling up water balloons in his bed during the night. I'm going with my initial hypothesis: he peed.

Immediately once he sees the scene of the accident he looses it. He begins to verbally beat himself up, crying about how he peed all over his blankets and pillows, begging me to comfort him, and basically hating himself for what he's done. So there I stand trying to talk this kid off a ledge and reassuring him that it can all be cleaned up and accidents happen sometimes. This is the FIRST accident he has had in his bed so I'm not gonna loose sleep over it... and apparently Brad wont either. See what I did there? But the poor guy just wouldn't let it go.

I'm like can't we all just get along and get these urine soaked sheets off your bed.
And he's like down on his knees screaming whyyyy? with his fists to the sky.

My memory is a little fuzzy on the details but I'm pretty sure I nailed it on the dialogue.

And because Khage did not find any fun in posing with his pee pee sheets you get this image instead



*(Sidenote to burglars I sleep with one eye open and the gun is in reach so don't be so quick to label us easy targets just because my husband sleeps in a coma - I'm like a mama bear, I will handle you)

No comments: