Image Map

Friday, November 16, 2012

Mah'mellows

We are at it again. Potty time round two three or four, I'm starting to loose track. And I cant really remember why it has failed so many times or why we continue to even try, I don't care about diapers. Changing em...buying em'...I don't fret over it. The way I see it is this: no matter what I'm wiping a butt at least with a diaper I get to sit down.

Today he woke up committed to this cause. At 6ish we were awakened by him yelling for candy from the toilet in our bathroom. He rarely has any pee accidents since we introduced the reward system, a candy for every time he even sits on the potty and tinkles. He has taken full advantage of our kindness... I swear by the end of the day he has consumed almost a whole pack of starbursts and he used this method to polish off his Halloween candy as well.

The dreaded Number Two. That is what is holding us back. He doesn't necessarily poop in his undies he just saves them for when he's diapered up during his naps. I couldn't help but feel like he was playing us for fools. But then today happened and I realized we are finally going somewhere with this, and just like that the Mommy becomes the master.

I like to call this stage of potty training: Marshmallows.
Khage likes to call it mah'mellows.

Forget candy; its wrapped, usually of a hard or chewy consistency, so were looking at at least a minute before its consumed. Instant gratification, now that's a motivator and I plan to exploit it.

He actually got out of his bed during nap yelling potty while he raced down the hallway to find a toilet. At first I wasn't the least bit excited, a nap disturbance for pee pa'lease. But then I heard it... then smelt it... he pooped. And the minute he was done he asked for his precious little mah'mellows. So worth the two bucks.



 
After a while he was not okay with me and my camera robbing him of his privacy. But anger quickly faded into pure high fructose corn syrup happiness, and all was right again.

No comments: